Afghan Welcome Overview
As part of the Afghan Welcome initiative, Welcome Churches is working to:
- Connect newly-arrived Afghans, and other refugees, into local communities, ensuring that they receive a good welcome when they arrive.
- Ensure that Afghan families arriving across the UK have access to services and support to help them integrate and adjust into a new community.
- Provide support for Afghan families and other refugees who have suffered through tremendous trauma, loss and grief helping to support mental health and well-being
- Provide training to local churches to ensure a good, cross-cultural welcome is given to newly-arrived Afghan families and other refugees.
- Provide direct, hands-on training to Afghan arrivals to gain online access to help them find the support and services that they need for independence.
Local churches should be at the forefront of a welcoming and inclusive society. Welcoming new neighbours from across the world, especially when they are in need, is part of the biblical mandate Christians have to welcome the stranger. Welcome Churches has the experience and expertise to provide support and training to the local church. Together we can help to ensure the long-term integration of Afghan families into the UK.
You can find out more about Afghan Welcome at afghanwelcome.org
You can support the Welcome Churches today:
Donate today to help Welcome Churches support the local church as it offers help to refugees and people seeking asylum including newly-arrived Afghan families