As part of the Welcome Network you will
- Be visible on the Network map to churches, organisations and refugees who want to find a welcoming church and community; and be able to personalise your church information in the Network.
- Receive a log-in to access the Network – to view and manage any referrals of refugees who want to connect with your church
- Be able to access the Resources Hubs in the Network which includes training, videos and resources for your church to be better equipped to welcome refugees
- Be able to create a log-in for any church volunteers who want to access the training and resources
- Receive regular emails about our latest news, training and new additions to the resources
- Be able to contact a Regional Coordinator to speak with about developing your church’s work with refugees in your location.
Refugees want to find your church
‘Before I found the church, I was really struggling. All my family was gone. I felt so lonely and lost. I remember the first time I visited my church; I felt so welcome and I found a new life. I was really encouraged, especially when people prayed for me. I had lost my whole family, but with my church I have found a new home and a new family.’
Abbas – Kurdish Refugee
We want to profile your church in the Welcome Network, showing that you are ready to welcome refugees into your church and your community.
There are two ways to join the Welcome Network:
Run Welcome Boxes
Our Welcome Boxes project gives you all of the resources and online referral and feedback systems you need to proactively welcome newly-arrived refugees and asylum seekers in your community. Trained volunteers deliver a Welcome Box, filled with small gifts, to the homes of people who have recently arrived in the area. They provide information about local groups and services and support asylum seekers to find a place to belong within the community.
Join the Welcome Network
The Welcome Network connects refugees to local church communities. Profile the work you are already doing to actively welcome refugees by joining our Welcome Network. This option is open to churches who are already welcoming refugees
After joining the Welcome Network, you can also receive our Welcoming Refugees training or partner with us to run a Welcome Holidays project.
Welcoming Refugees training equips your church in welcoming refugees – either to establish your own refugee project or build upon your own refugee work as a church. The training is tailored to your local context – helping you to identify the unique role your church has to play in advocating for and welcoming refugees. We get to know your church personally; providing practical tools to ensure your church is ready to give a good ‘Welcome’ to refugees arriving, providing a community where people from other cultures feel they can belong.
Do you live in an area where other people like to come on holiday?
We are looking for churches who could host a Welcome Holiday, giving refugees the chance to escape from the stress and chaos that life in the UK can bring.
Contact us to find out more about these options.
Welcome Churches' vision is for every refugee to be welcomed by the local church
With our new Welcome Network, both Partner Churches and Associate Churches can refer refugees to other UK churches.Connect with us today