Find a church
Churches in the UK
What you can expect
Churches are places where Christians (followers of Jesus Christ) meet together and welcome and support people from all sorts of different backgrounds. Churches in the UK will vary in style, traditions and activities. Therefore, you might find that two churches look very different to each other!
You can expect churches in the UK to:
- Meet together on a Sunday to worship, pray and learn more about following Jesus.
- Meet at other points in the week in smaller groups for different activities. Every church is different but these can include:
- reading the bible and praying together
- social activities (for example: mums and toddlers groups, community cafes)
- groups where people are cared for and looked after (for example: a foodbank)
- going round to each other’s houses and eating together
You don’t have to be a follower of Jesus to join in with a church community, everyone is welcome!
Find a church near you on the map above and see what activities they have on offer to help you to make friends and find family.