Find a church
Training for refugees in churches
Equipping and empowering refugees to engage with their local church.
Discussion in Farsi: Lord’s Prayer
Are you an asylum seeker or refugee in the UK? Are you a follower of Jesus Christ who is passionate about prayer? Do you want to learn how to get better at praying for yourself and others?
Join us for the next Farsi Zoom call to look at some of Jesus’s teachings about prayer.
We look forward to seeing you and exchanging ideas and experiences with other Farsi-speaking brothers and sisters from refugee backgrounds who will be joining us from around the UK.
Date: Thursday, 15th October 2020 at 2:00pm-3:00pm
Other dates for Farsi discussions this autumn include:
- Thursday 19th November
- Thursday 10th December
Looking after myself – for refugees: Looking after myself – for refugees: Tuesday 17th November: 1-2pm, Wednesday 18th November: 7-8pm.
Join us to discuss in English what trauma is and the impact it can have on your day-to-day life. We recommend coming to this training in pairs – with one person coming to support the refugee who wants to attend.
Churches in the UK
What you can expect
Churches are places where Christians (followers of Jesus Christ) meet together and welcome and support people from all sorts of different backgrounds. Churches in the UK will vary in style, traditions and activities. Therefore, you might find that two churches look very different to each other!
You can expect churches in the UK to:
- Meet together on a Sunday to worship, pray and learn more about following Jesus.
- Meet at other points in the week in smaller groups for different activities. Every church is different but these can include:
- reading the bible and praying together
- social activities (for example: mums and toddlers groups, community cafes)
- groups where people are cared for and looked after (for example: a foodbank)
- going round to each other’s houses and eating together
You don’t have to be a follower of Jesus to join in with a church community, everyone is welcome!
Find a church near you on the map above and see what activities they have on offer to help you to make friends and find family.