LOCATION: East Midlands
HOURS: Negotiable, between 3 – 5 days per week
SALARY: £35,000 pro rata Plus 5% pension contribution
Welcome Churches is seeking an exceptional new team leader with a passion to help churches support refugees and asylum seekers and an integrated approach to faith and leadership. There is an occupational requirement for the CEO to be a practising Christian.
Welcome Churches works right across the UK to help churches welcome and empower refugees, connecting them into church and community. Our vision is for every refugee to be welcomed by the local church. We do this by equipping and resourcing churches and connecting them to our national Welcome Network of churches committed to welcoming refugees. As well as enabling churches to run award-winning projects like Welcome Boxes, we train churches to support, disciple and include refugees in all aspects of church life. In just a few years our Welcome Network has grown to 65 churches across the UK and this number is increasing every month.
With our founding CEO moving on to pursue postgraduate study, the Board of Trustees is seeking a dynamic new leader to grow Welcome Churches in this next phase of its development. We want to be led by our Christian vision and values, working in partnership with local churches to see God’s love demonstrated to every refugee arriving in the UK.
- We want a CEO who will infuse the organisation with confidence, vision and a clear strategy for the future.
- We want to serve the needs of refugees by listening and including refugees in all areas of the charity.
- We want to come alongside churches helping them develop their ministry to refugees.
- We want to actively partner with other organisations who share our aims and values.
- We want to see an organisation run with faith, love and excellence and to steward well the resources we’ve been given.
The next CEO of Welcome Churches will have proven senior leadership experience with a track record of growth, faith-filled decision making, team building and strategic leadership. If you would like to make a real difference to refugees’ lives and think you may have the skills and experience we need, please download the full job description and details of how to apply here.