As we prepare to celebrate Jesus’ coming this Christmas, I wanted to share some of the other things that we are celebrating at Welcome Churches, particularly what God has helped us with in 2019:
- Over 300 refugees and asylum seekers welcomed by their local church. That’s 300 people who now have friends, support and community in their lives each week.
- An up-and-running Welcome Network currently profiling 34 refugee-welcoming churches around the UK (and growing every week!).
- Two excellent ‘Churches Welcoming Refugees’ days in Sheffield and London bringing together experts and churches to discuss best practice in our work with refugees. Watch this space for details of more days like this in 2020!
- A growing, expert Welcome Churches team. This year, we have welcomed Jonathan, Sue and Fiona onto the Welcome Churches staff team. Each of them bring unique gifts and skills which bless and equip churches work with refugees in so many ways. We have also been blessed by supporters who have donated their expertise to Welcome Churches this year.
- Generosity from so many supporters meaning we have raised enough funds to welcome 214 refugees so far in 2020.
Please join us in thanking God for all that he has done in 2019. We are excited for all that’s in store for 2020, where we hope to see 1000 refugees welcomed by their local church – the best is yet to come!
Have a very happy Christmas,
From the Welcome Churches team:
Karina, Emily, Sue. Jonathan and Fiona.
P.S. It’s not too late to donate to our Christmas Appeal. Click here to give today.